Wednesday 7 October 2009

Doodle anonymously. (But put your name on it!)

Hello. My name is Katie and I am a doodle addict. It's been 10 minutes or so now since my last doodle. I do like a distraction, as I'm sure most people who work alone do.... it's always nice to have something more fun to do that the actual something that you're meant to be doing. And so it was this week when I received my pristine t shirt through the post from Doodlers anonymous with the invite to scribble all over it and post the results to their gallery.

I gave myself an hour. There had to be a time limit or I'd have been there all day - but it was such a fun hour! Once you've got over the initial 'hmmm, what to draw, don't want to ruin it' thoughts - and just doodle, doodle, doodle.... it's fun. Therapy, I think.

Here's the results - odd that my doodles turned into a kind of bonkers town, complete with resident mermaid and one lone cow. Must say something about my inner self.... ;-)

For all those in need of some doodle therapy, (and I would recommend it to many of my friends!) get yourself a tshirt from here and start doodling!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I fill books weekly with all sorts of weird things,so I guess that makes me an addict too. Love the t-shirt:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I've ordered one of these t-shirts and I'm just waiting for it to arrive! Very excited! Your t-shirt looks ace by the way...


    What pen did you use? I have fabric pens but they aren't very fine. I wonder if pilot pens and biros are washproof??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea. You could sell your t-shirts they're great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I love to doodle too. I think it looks fab. Hmm, maybe I should get one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your t-shirt looks fantastic! Love the town idea.

    ReplyDelete