Wednesday 10 June 2009

I spend far too much time loitering in Waterstones...

I have a list. It's as long as my arm. If I were an exceptionally long armed orangutan, that is. I love children's books. They're why I wanted to become an illustrator and why I still DO want to be an illustrator! So my thoughts are that each week here on the teatime blog I'll chose my current favourite and share. It's going to be difficult. Theres one at elbow position I'd love to discuss at some point and a whole host around the nobbly wrist bone area.... but we'll get there. A whole long arms worth, week by week. That is so long as they stop publishing more....

This week, the book that I think is most gorgeous and would really, really, really like, (for myself, not my kids, obviously) IS... 365 Penguins by Jean-Luc Fromental and Joelle Jolivet.

It's a very lovely object full of funky flat graphics and a bonkers storyline of being overrun by penguins.

This then wins the first ever 'Wallop Gorgeous book o' the week' prize. Hurrah for penguins. And amazing french artist types.

1 comment:

  1. i notice this book :) let's find out what it has to tell me !?!?!
    :)

    ReplyDelete